Truth Over Fear
"Truth over Fear: Countering Islamophobia" is a workshop and training session developed by MPAC to empower local communities with crucial tools to counter Islamophobia in a proactive and constructive manner. These hands-on training sessions are composed of two primary components: education and hands-on empowerment.
Community members are informed through a comprehensive program which looks at the following areas of Islamophobia:
- Manifestations of Islamophobia
- Effects of Islamophobia on the different sectors of the Muslim community (children, youth, congregations, etc.)
- Effects of Islamophobia on the American society at large (religious communities, university campuses, government, average citizen, etc.)
- Use of media propaganda in the advancement of Islamophobia (Hollywood, mainstream news media, internet, etc.)
- Cottage industry of so-called terrorism experts
Community members are given practical training to develop skill by which they can engage all sectors of civil society in countering Islamophobia:
- Attendees to the workshops are taught how to effectively engage their elected officials and government representatives on the issue countering Islamophobia
- Attendees are also given the tools to constructively interact with local and national media outlets on the negative effects of continued Islamophobic rhetoric and images on television, radio and print media
- The seminars are concluded with a session on the importance of fostering close partnerships with members of interfaith and civic communities to counter this dangerous phenomenon
Through this national campaign, MPAC seeks to inform our country on the dangers that Islamophobia presents to all Americans. The training sessions are meant to raise a proactive voice to counter hate and bigotry, which if left unchecked, can erode the very foundations of our democratic institutions.
Call to Action
To schedule a workshop or forum at your local community, please contact us at (323) 258-6722 or email email@example.com.
IN THIS SECTION
New Book: “Islam: Plain and Simple”
June 5, 2014
A Call to Edit 9/11 Museum Film
April 24, 2014
Boston Press Conference
April 14, 2014
'Jinn' Stars MPAC Media Award Honoree Faran Tahir
April 10, 2014
Dr. Hathout & Sh. Qadhi: Jolted Into Maturity
February 1, 2012
Al-Marayati interviewed on Viewpoint on Hate Speech
July 29, 2011
Dr. Maher Hathout on Islamophobia
September 15, 2010
one-time or monthly donation.
Or become a member.